About us? It’s not about us. It’s about you.
The foundation of our story is you, our valued clients. MDM Entertainment was created from the belief that on your wedding day you select your ideal fiancé, the wedding ceremony and reception venues of your dreams, your flowers and color palette… and the music played at your wedding reception shouldn’t be any different. Your wedding day should not only look like you, it should sound like you too.
Your vision of your wedding day is what we bring to life. You are the star of your day, not the DJ, and that is where the focus remains. You call the shots, with our guidance and help along the way. Each of our hand selected, MDM Entertainment DJ’s has comprehensive training and a background that makes them uniquely qualified as your Master of Ceremonies and dance party DJ. Cheese and cliché are not part of our repertoire, free-spirited, never-want-it-to-end fun is.
Your Wedding, Your Way
We’ve made it our goal to stay away from the “wedding machine” that turns out the same product every time and to remain true to every client, at every event. We want you to be happy, ecstatic even, and not feel like you’ve been bamboozled by yet another wedding vendor. We make you the promise to be respectful to you, to give you reasonable prices for the value of our services and to deliver on our promises to you.
You’ve dreamed of your wedding day your whole life; we view being selected as part of it to be a true honor. We strive to consistently bring you the best through continuing education for all of our employees, attending conferences and seminars to always be up to date, and to evolve our products and services to meet and exceed your needs. We offer you a full range of DJ packages, lighting, décor elements and photo booths, all in one convenient, reliable place.
For other wedding services take a look at our list of Chicago’s best wedding vendors.
We look forward to making your wedding day the event of the year. Call or email us today to get started, 773.253.4986
- Name: David Olivares
- Birthplace/Hometown: Chicago
- Current Residence: Chicago
- School/College attended: Colombia College
- Field of study: Radio Production
- When I’m not DJ’ing, I can be found: Finding and enjoying new music of all genres with my 5 year old daughter.
- Favorite music genres: House, Jazz, Bossa Nova & most Pop
- Favorite artists: Adele, Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James, Al Green and the Beatles among others.
- Favorite song: My Way and That’s Life by Sinatra.
- Types of events I specialize in: Weddings and also events which require Latin music or bilingual MC
- Causes/organizations I support: music industry
- Favorite quote: People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. – Bob Dylan
- Seven words that describe me: responsible, professional, detail-oriented, prepared, creative, humorous & confident.
- Prized possessions I couldn’t live without: My two beautiful daughters! (and my iPod!)
- Something no one would guess by looking at me: I watch Housewives of OC and NJ.
- On being a wedding DJ: A wedding is more than a party. It’s a celebration of the unity of two individuals who have decided to spend the rest of their lives together.As a wedding DJ, it’s crucial to understand the bride and grooms expectations so that one delivers exactly what they envisioned. After all, it is THEIR day and we should feel honored they entrusted us to entertain their friends and family on suchan important occasion.
- Name: Nicholas Ruich
- Birthplace/Hometown: Chicago
- Current Residence: Northwest Indiana
- School/College attended: Columbia College Chicago, Indiana University
- Field of study: Audio Arts & Acoustics
- When I’m not DJ’ing, I can be found: working as the production manager at MDM, reading political satire, finding material with a low enough coefficient in relation to rt60 so my girlfriend doesn’t kill me when I’m spinning at two in the morning!
- Favorite music genres: House, early english punk rock, 70’s rock, 50’s rock, rockabilly, blues, soul, funk, experimental indie rock, pre 1990’s country, hip hop. Honestly, it would be easier to ask me what I don’t like.
- Favorite artists: This is a difficult question. Right now Im really into Alabama Shakes, Bingo Players, the Shout Out Louds, Armand Van Helden, Ron Carrol, and of course the Rolling Stones. The funny thing is you could ask me this same question in a couple of weeks and I’ll give you a list of 6 new artists.
- Favorite song: This is even harder than the last question! Shine a Light-The Rolling Stones. That took me a good five minutes to answer, and if you wait five more my answer will change.
- Types of events I specialize in: Young, fun, energetic parties where the people love to dance, and have a great time. I come from a club background, but I also understand the importance of making sure grandma and grandpa have an amazing time on the dance floor as well.
- Causes/organizations I support: Every Christmas and Thanksgiving since I can remember my mom and I go to either the Pacific Garden Mission in Chicago or more recently the Salvation Army in East Chicago to donate our time. Even though I’ve never donated time or been involved with them, theres an organization called Girls Rock Chicago that I think does some really cool stuff for female rockers in the Chicago area.
- Favorite quote:“The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it’s indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it’s indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it’s indifference.”― Elie Wiesel“Boys who spent their weekends making banana nut muffins did not, as a rule, excel in the art of hand-to-hand combat.”― David Sedaris
- Seven words that describe me: I thought a lot about this question.
- Prized possessions I couldn’t live without: My VINYL records
- Something no one would guess by looking at me: I love math
- On being a wedding DJ l: I truly love what I do, I don’t think you can do this job properly if you don’t. I know that it’s your big day, and I make sure the focus stays on you.
- Name: Mike Dodson
- Hometown: Bloomington, IL
- Current Residence: Crystal Lake, IL
- College attended: Illinois State University
- Field of study: Industrial Technology, Computer Science and Business Administration
- When I’m not DJ’ing, I can be found: Working in the office… however, on those few weekends I do get off I love to travel
- Favorite music genres: I love everything! If I had to choose my absolute favorites though it would be House, Trance and Top 40 (oh yeah, can’t forget the 80’s too…)
- Favorite artists: David Guetta, Armand Van Helden, Bad Boy Bill, Pink Floyd (which one of these things is not like the others…)
- Favorite song: “Wish You Were Here” Pink Floyd
- Types of events I specialize in: Weddings and corporate events
- Causes/organizations I support: UNICEF, American Cancer Society
- Favorite quote: “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain and “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
- Five words that describe me: Laid-back, friendly, entrepreneurial, driven, adventurous
- Prized possessions I couldn’t live without: My passport!
- Something no one would guess by looking at me: I am a damn good cook and I have a garden.
- On being a wedding DJ: I love DJ’ing weddings! Every crowd is a little different and I love the challenge of finding just the right mix of music to send each crowd over the top. One week it may be Motown and Funk that works and the next week it could be throwing down a serious house music set. I really do appreciate all types of music and will play whatever it takes to pack the dance floor. There is nothing like turning a wedding into an all out party. I truly love what I do, I don’t think you can do this job properly if you don’t.
Hometown: Park Ridge/Niles
Current Residence: Palatine
School/College attended: Oakton Community College
Field of study: Liberal Arts
When I’m not DJ’ingI can be found: Hangin’ with my Kids
Favorite music genres: All (I’m A DJ!)
Favorite artists: Don’t have a favorite
Favorite song: Black Betty by Ram Jam
Types of events I specialize in: Weddings/Corporate/School Dances
Causes/organizations I support: March of Dimes/Susan G Komen
Favorite quote: Git R Done
Seven words that describe me: Affable/Reliable/Ethical/Charismatic/Fun/Professional/Sociable/Responsible/Ambitious
Prized possessions I couldn’t live without: MP3 player full of music
Something no one would guess by looking at me: That I’m a DJ
On being a wedding DJ: I know a lot of different styles of music. I can read a crowd and play music that they would like. I will do anything possible to make sure your dream wedding comes to be reality.
- Name: DJ Aumir (The Beat Guru)
- Hometown: This has always been a difficult question to answer. I was born in Chicago, then moved to Paris for a year, and then to London and then moved to Saudi Arabia for a few years. And spent a lot of time traveling and staying in middle eastern countries including, Egypt, Algeria, Tunisa, Oman, UAE and Bharian. After spending time in the middle east, I moved to India for a year. Having travelled to all these places, I would still have to say that my favorite place is no other but the WINDY CITY.
- Current Residence: Chicago, IL
- School attended: Saudia Arabian International School, Niles West Hight School, Chicago State University, Illinois Institute of Technology, Panache DJ Academy
- Field of study: Mechanical Engineering & Business at the Illinois Institute of Technology
- When I’m not DJ’ing (or Teching), I can be found: Learning music production
- Favorite music genres: Progressive House, I love music from the 90’s!
- Favorite artists: Jay Sean , Punjabi MC, David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Eric Prydz, Armin Van bureen, Paul Van Dyk, Benny Benasi, Rahat Fatah Ali, Maher Zain, Cheb Khalid, Nancy Ajram, Tarkan, DJ Inphinity
- Favorite song: Sound track to Slum Dog Millionaire by A.R. Rahman, Greece 2000 – Three Drives, Pjanoo – Eric Prdyz, Hometown Glory – Adele, You Got the Love – Florence & The Machine (Mark Knight Remix)
- Types of events I specialize in: Weddings, Mixed Weddings, Bhangra, Bollywood, Garba, Euro Dance, Muslim Events (Nasheeds), Club Style Events. If I’m not DJing a wedding, you can find me mixing at a club down town. I’m great at mixing quickly between different types of genres to keep everyone…(no matter how young or old)… moving on the dance floor all the time!
- Causes/organizations I support: Am-vets, Salvation Army
- Favorite quote: “”This too shall pass.” This proverb has helped me get through some tough times, but more importantly it has made me make the most of my favorite memories.”
- Eight words that describe me: Committed, Reliable, Communicative, Enthusiastic, Flexible, Broad-Minded, Respectful, Multi-cultural
- Prized possessions I couldn’t live without: My music collection
- Something no one would guess by looking at me: I used to play professional tennis
- On being a wedding DJ : Traveling to so many different places has given me the advantage of picking up different music from all over the World. I understand what moves different people, and that’s why I can keep a dance floor packed no matter how diverse it may be.
Birthplace/Hometown: Rockford, IL
Current Residence: Chicago, IL
School/College attended: Columbia College Chicago
Field of study: Music Business
When I’m not DJ’ing I can be found: Mixing up drinks at Chicago q.
Favorite music genres: Ambient Electronic, Bass, Lo-Fi, R&B, Hip-Hop, Garage, 2-Step, House, Indie/Alternative Rock.
Favorite artists: Burial, Clams Casino, Mount Kimbie, Joy Orbison, Action Bronson, Kendrick Lamar, Spaceghostpurrp.
Favorite song: Kanye West – Spaceship
Types of events I specialize in: Weddings, Corporate Events, Private Parties.
Causes/organizations I support: ASP (Appalachia Service Project), Occupy Chicago.
Favorite quote: “A mind is like a parachute, it only works if it is open.” – Frank Zappa
Seven words that describe me: Dedicated, Loyal, Pragmatic, Progressive, Open-Minded, Humorous, Patient.
Prized possessions I couldn’t live without: My cat Elliott.
Something no one would guess by looking at me: I’m an avid bike rider.
On being a wedding DJ: Having worked in the special event industry, as both a DJ and Bartender, I have found it to be a very challenging yet rewarding industry to work in. You’re constantly meeting new people and adapting to new environments. You find that no two parties/events will ever be the same and this is something I have come to really enjoy. As the cliche goes, “variety is the spice of life” and you see a lot of variety working in this industry. To me it’s all about keeping it fresh and pushing the envelope on every event.
- Name: Robert J. Nicpon
- Hometown: Chicago, IL
- Current Residence: Morton Grove, IL
- College attended: Lewis University, Romeoville, IL
- Field of study: Aviation Flight Management, B.S.
- When I’m not DJ’ing, I can be found: Hiking, jogging, flying airplanes & nature photography
- Favorite music genres: 80’s pop, 80’s rock, current top 40
- Favorite artists: Johnny Cash, Ray Charles, Doors, No Doubt, Greenday & Michael Bublé
- Favorite song: Only exception – Paramore (our first dance)
- Types of events I specialize in: Weddings, corporate & school functions
- Causes/organizations I support: Susan G. Komen for the cure
- Favorite quote: “I don’t think that there’s anything worse than being ordinary” from the movie “American Beauty”
- Seven words that describe me: Fun, spontaneous, laid-back, neat, witty, enthusiastic & personable
- Prized possessions I couldn’t live without: Macbook Pro & Nikon camera
- Something no one would guess by looking at me: I once flew corporate jets globally for a living
- On being a wedding DJ: I love it!
- Name: Ryan Finnerty
- Hometown: Elk Grove Village, IL
- Current Residence: Elgin, IL
- School attended: Elk Grove High School, Harper College, Illinois Center for Broadcasting
- Field of study: Broadcasting
- When I’m not DJ’ing (or Teching), I can be found: Working out, playing video games, watching sports, hanging with friends or loved ones
- Favorite music genres: Rock/Classic Rock, Alternative, Dance
- Favorite artists: Led Zeppelin, Soundgarden, Tool, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nine Inch Nails, James Brown
- Favorite song: In the Light – Led Zeppelin
- Types of events I specialize in: Weddings and corporate events
- Causes/organizations I support: Breast Cancer Awareness, Autism Awareness, Rescue Pets
- Favorite quote: “I need your boots, your clothes, and your motorcycle!”
- Seven words that describe me: Reliable, Easy-Going, Confident, Helpful, Open, Trustworthy, Honest
- Prized possessions I couldn’t live without: My Pug “Gizmo”
- Something no one would guess by looking at me: I’m a huge movie buff and own over like 600 dvds
- On being a wedding DJ : I love the making people happy and love having a good time. So it’s imperative the I’m some how responsible for that. Being a DJ allows me to make that happen for people all the time. I’m also a huge fan of music in general, so to be able to be close to that all the time as a “job” is a blessing. I love what music brings out of people and the emotion that it invokes, and what better place than a wedding or special event. I’m thrilled to be a part of that.