- Name: DJ Aumir (The Beat Guru)
- Hometown: This has always been a difficult question to answer. I was born in Chicago, then moved to Paris for a year, and then to London and then moved to Saudi Arabia for a few years. And spent a lot of time traveling and staying in middle eastern countries including, Egypt, Algeria, Tunisa, Oman, UAE and Bharian. After spending time in the middle east, I moved to India for a year. Having travelled to all these places, I would still have to say that my favorite place is no other but the WINDY CITY.
- Current Residence: Chicago, IL
- School attended: Saudia Arabian International School, Niles West Hight School, Chicago State University, Illinois Institute of Technology, Panache DJ Academy
- Field of study: Mechanical Engineering & Business at the Illinois Institute of Technology
- When I’m not DJ’ing (or Teching), I can be found: Learning music production
- Favorite music genres: Progressive House, I love music from the 90’s!
- Favorite artists: Jay Sean , Punjabi MC, David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Eric Prydz, Armin Van bureen, Paul Van Dyk, Benny Benasi, Rahat Fatah Ali, Maher Zain, Cheb Khalid, Nancy Ajram, Tarkan, DJ Inphinity
- Favorite song: Sound track to Slum Dog Millionaire by A.R. Rahman, Greece 2000 – Three Drives, Pjanoo – Eric Prdyz, Hometown Glory – Adele, You Got the Love – Florence & The Machine (Mark Knight Remix)
- Types of events I specialize in: Weddings, Mixed Weddings, Bhangra, Bollywood, Garba, Euro Dance, Muslim Events (Nasheeds), Club Style Events. If I’m not DJing a wedding, you can find me mixing at a club down town. I’m great at mixing quickly between different types of genres to keep everyone…(no matter how young or old)… moving on the dance floor all the time!
- Causes/organizations I support: Am-vets, Salvation Army
- Favorite quote: “”This too shall pass.” This proverb has helped me get through some tough times, but more importantly it has made me make the most of my favorite memories.”
- Eight words that describe me: Committed, Reliable, Communicative, Enthusiastic, Flexible, Broad-Minded, Respectful, Multi-cultural
- Prized possessions I couldn’t live without: My music collection
- Something no one would guess by looking at me: I used to play professional tennis
- On being a wedding DJ : Traveling to so many different places has given me the advantage of picking up different music from all over the World. I understand what moves different people, and that’s why I can keep a dance floor packed no matter how diverse it may be.
“My wife and I used MDM for our wedding on 10/27/12. Patti and Mike were great resources early in the process helping us get organized and understand all the little details of the DJ services that they provided. One of the major selling points was DJ Aumir, who’s an Indian DJ. Our wedding was an Indian wedding, so having someone who knew the music as a huge help. DJ Aumir was fantastic during the whole event. He was on point with the timing of songs during the ceremony and with the bridal party intros. We were so impressed that the only guidance we gave him was “keep the dance floor packed” and that’s exactly what he did! I’ve never seen a dance floor so full for an entire wedding. MDM definitely delivered a very high quality product for a very reasonable price. Everyone we interacted with from MDM was professional and helpeful. Thanks for the amazing work you guys!!!!” – Eric and Pratima
” DJ Aumir was fantastic. He did a great job keeping the dance floor packed and everyone having fun!” – Mona and Phil
“Aumir was AWESOME. He was great to work with throughout the planning process and honored our requests, no matter what we or our MCs threw at him. Everyone loved the Bollywood music – many of our guests said their significant others had to peel them away from the dance floor. Patti was also wonderful and helpful throughout the process. She worked with us through many email rounds to put together the right entertainment package for us. We highly recommend MDM to anyone who asks!” – Shereen and Toby
For more information on having MDM Entertainment DJ your wedding or special event contact MDM Entertainment today at 773.253.4986.