- Name: Leon Andrew H.
- Birthplace/Hometown: Born in Pittsburg, PA & grew up in Birmingham, AL
- Current Residence: Ukrainian Village, Chicago, IL
- School/College attended: Conservatory of Recording Arts & Sciences
- Field of study: Audio Engineering & Sound Reinforcement
- When I’m not DJ’ing (or Teching), I can be found: Photographing, cooking and eating out, crafting, woodworking, and binging old movies and TV
- Favorite music genres: Indie Rock/Pop/Folk, Rock, RnB, Ambient, 80s/90s/00s, Latin, World
- Favorite artists: Other Lives, Sigur Ros, Bomba Estéreo, Active Child, St. Vincent, Aimee Mann, Grizzly Bear, Tame Impala, Disclosure, Beyoncé, Sia, HAIM
- Favorite song: This impossible question depends on a mood which can range from taking chill time with “Dust Bowl III” – Other Lives TO getting ready to go out with Out “Lose Control” – Missy Elliott
- Types of events I specialize in: Weddings, LGBTQ Weddings, Corporate
- Causes/organizations I support: Various organizations from Civil Rights, LGBTQ Rights, BLM, Women’s Rights, Animal Welfare, Environmental Concerns, Public Education and Public TV & Radio
- Favorite quote: “A society is only as successful as its least fortunate members”
- Seven words that describe me: Determined, Creative, Resourceful, Loyal, Empathetic, Self-sufficient, Idealistic
- Prized possessions I couldn’t live without: I would hate to live without my camera, my music and movie collections and I’ve sadly grown so dependent on my computer & smartphone
- Something no one would guess by looking at me: I am a classically trained oboist among playing many other instruments (many of which I picked up and taught myself) and have played all over the country.
- On being a wedding DJ (or Working in the wedding and special event industry): I’ve worked in events at some capacity for more than fifteen years whether booking bands, promoting, organizing, photographing, DJing, teching or creating and setting decor and it takes a very passionate, creative and patient type of person to help make everything come together with all the groups and companies working to make an event an enjoyable experience for everyone. I’ve worked with some of the best and am grateful to be working in such a challenging and rewarding industry.
For more information on having MDM Entertainment DJ your wedding or special event contact MDM Entertainment today at 773.253.4986.