- Name: David Olivares
- Birthplace/Hometown: Chicago
- Current Residence: Chicago
- School/College attended: Colombia College
- Field of study: Radio Production
- When I’m not DJ’ing, I can be found: Finding and enjoying new music of all genres with my 5 year old daughter.
- Favorite music genres: House, Jazz, Bossa Nova & most Pop
- Favorite artists: Adele, Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James, Al Green and the Beatles among others.
- Favorite song: My Way and That’s Life by Sinatra.
- Types of events I specialize in: Weddings and also events which require Latin music or bilingual MC
- Causes/organizations I support: Music Industry
- Favorite quote: People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. – Bob Dylan
- Seven words that describe me: responsible, professional, detail-oriented, prepared, creative, humorous & confident.
- Prized possessions I couldn’t live without: My two beautiful daughters! (and my iPod!)
- Something no one would guess by looking at me: I watch Housewives of OC and NJ.
- On being a wedding DJ: A wedding is more than a party. It’s a celebration of the unity of two individuals who have decided to spend the rest of their lives together. As a wedding DJ, it’s crucial to understand the bride and grooms expectations so that one delivers exactly what they envisioned. After all, it is THEIR day and we should feel honored they entrusted us to entertain their friends and family on such an important occasion.
“David from MDM Entertainment was our wedding DJ. From the first time he sat down and spoke with us, he really seemed to get our music style as a couple. And we have very high expectations when it comes to Dj’s. In the months leading up to our wedding David was always very patient and professional when answering all of our questions, mixing together a song for our first dance, and helping us format the timeline during the reception. My husband and I love dancing, and we wanted our guests to dance the entire night- which we did! We received so many compliments on the DJ. Our families were very impressed with how seamlessly David was able to play music that represented both of our cultures ( Mexican & Puerto Rican), while also playing the music that we love to party to ( house, hip-hop, & reggeaton). We had an absolute blast and we have David to thank for setting the mood, and we will definitely book MDM again for future events!” – Rosa and Noe, 12/2/2017
“I can’t thank Patti and David O. enough for everything they did to make our wedding a perfect event. From our first meeting with Patti to the last song of our wedding, every interaction with anyone from the MDM team was great. I would highly recommend David O. to any couple looking for a DJ for their wedding. He was incredibly professional and very detail orientated. He truly cared about us and wanted to make our wedding unique for us. We had a few “wedding veterans” (people who have attended 50+ wedding) and they said he was one of the best DJs they have seen. Our guests were on the dance floor ALL NIGHT LONG and had a great time. Thank you again for making our dream wedding happen!! Keep doing what you’re doing!!!!” – Kari and Doug
Coming Soon 2018!
For more information on having David DJ your wedding or special event contact MDM Entertainment today at 773.253.4986.