- Name: Mike Dodson
- Hometown: Bloomington, IL
- Current Residence: Crystal Lake, IL
- College attended: Illinois State University
- Field of study: Industrial Technology, Computer Science and Business Administration
- When I’m not DJ’ing, I can be found: Working in the office… however, on those few weekends I do get off I love to travel
- Favorite music genres: I love everything! If I had to choose my absolute favorites though it would be House, Trance and Top 40 (oh yeah, can’t forget the 80’s too…)
- Favorite artists: David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Armand Van Helden, Bad Boy Bill, Pink Floyd (which one of these things is not like the others…)
- Favorite song: “Wish You Were Here” Pink Floyd
- Types of events I specialize in: Weddings and corporate events
- Causes/organizations I support: UNICEF, American Cancer Society
- Favorite quote: “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain and “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
- Five words that describe me: Laid-back, friendly, entrepreneurial, driven, adventurous
- Prized possessions I couldn’t live without: My passport!
- Something no one would guess by looking at me: I am a damn good cook and I have a garden.
- On being a wedding DJ: I love DJ’ing weddings! Every crowd is a little different and I love the challenge of finding just the right mix of music to send each crowd over the top. One week it may be Motown and Funk that works and the next week it could be throwing down a serious house music set. I really do appreciate all types of music and will play whatever it takes to pack the dance floor. There is nothing like turning a wedding into an all out party. I truly love what I do, I don’t think you can do this job properly if you don’t.
” Thank you to you and your entire staff for putting together our dream wedding! We loved every detail that was put into it and couldn’t have asked for more. People are still talking about how awesome our DJ was and how when they walked in the room it was “a Taryn” wedding. Mike the DJ had the dance floor packed all night long. Patti made our room look so beautiful! We couldn’t have don’t it without you MDM, thank you for such a wonderful experience!” – Taryn and John
“We had attended a friend’s wedding where MDM Entertainment provided the reception entertainment, with Mike as the DJ. Through that recommendation, we chose them and hoped for Mike to also be our DJ. They provided a friendly and professional service with a great website planning tool to help us choose and prepare our wedding and reception music. For the ceremony and reception, Mike was terrific. He was completely prepared and on queue with all our ceremony selections. He delivered an entertaining and elegant reception. Our personal happiness came from his encouragement to use unique cocktail hours music – eclectic house and electronica to create the perfect upscale lounge atmosphere we wanted. Mike also loved using the Muppets, “Mahna, Mahna” for our cake cutting. By the time the dancing started, he kept everyone on their feet and having a wonderful time. It was the perfect soundtrack to our special day.” – Annabella and Marcus
DJ Mixes and Video
Coming soon 2018!