- Name: Nicholas Ruich
- Birthplace/Hometown: Chicago
- Current Residence: Chicago
- School/College attended: Columbia College Chicago, Indiana University
- Field of study: Audio Arts & Acoustics
- When I’m not DJ’ing, I can be found: Reading political satire, finding material with a low enough coefficient in relation to rt60 so my girlfriend doesn’t kill me when I’m spinning at two in the morning!
- Favorite music genres: House, early english punk rock, 70’s rock, 50’s rock, rockabilly, blues, soul, funk, experimental indie rock, pre 1990’s country, hip hop. Honestly, it would be easier to ask me what I don’t like.
- Favorite artists: This is a difficult question. Right now Im really into Alabama Shakes, Bingo Players, the Shout Out Louds, Armand Van Helden, Ron Carrol, and of course the Rolling Stones. The funny thing is you could ask me this same question in a couple of weeks and I’ll give you a list of 6 new artists.
- Favorite song: This is even harder than the last question! Shine a Light-The Rolling Stones. That took me a good five minutes to answer, and if you wait five more my answer will change.
- Types of events I specialize in: Young, fun, energetic parties where the people love to dance, and have a great time. I come from a club background, but I also understand the importance of making sure grandma and grandpa have an amazing time on the dance floor as well.
- Causes/organizations I support: Every Christmas and Thanksgiving since I can remember my mom and I go to either the Pacific Garden Mission in Chicago or more recently the Salvation Army in East Chicago to donate our time. Even though I’ve never donated time or been involved with them, theres an organization called Girls Rock Chicago that I think does some really cool stuff for female rockers in the Chicago area.
- Favorite quote:“The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it’s indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it’s indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it’s indifference.”― Elie Wiesel and “Boys who spent their weekends making banana nut muffins did not, as a rule, excel in the art of hand-to-hand combat.”― David Sedaris
- Seven words that describe me: I thought a lot about this question.
- Prized possessions I couldn’t live without: My VINYL records
- Something no one would guess by looking at me: I love math
- On being a wedding DJ l: I truly love what I do, I don’t think you can do this job properly if you don’t. I know that it’s your big day, and I make sure the focus stays on you.
“DJ Nick was awesome. He was so friendly during our meeting before the wedding and really understood our style. During the wedding he played songs that I loved that weren’t even on our playlist. He’s so talented and all of our guests keep talking about how much fun they had!” – Meaghan and Dan
“Everything was so great, the dance floor was full the entire time, all our favorites were played, along with the special requests. He did a great job of helping us the week before to make the schedule more efficient and we loved how the ceremony and reception music ended up. Couldn’t have been better. Our friends are saying the same thing!!” – Erin and Jimmy
For more information on having DJ Nick R at your wedding or special event contact MDM Entertainment today at 773.253.4986.