Intercontinental Chicago Wedding Drape and Lighting
We’ve been so busy putting together incredible weddings this year that we have been a little lax about posting to the blog lately. We’ve got lot’s of great wedding lighting and drape photos and concepts from all of these spectacular weddings to share with you. However, as soon as we saw these beautiful images from our friends at Averyhouse we knew we had to put up a blog on Stephanie and Brian’s gorgeous Intercontinental Chicago wedding right away.
The ballroom at the Intercontinental Chicago is a beautiful, opulent space perfect for a wedding. Of course, any venue can be made better with a little soft drape and romantic lighting 🙂
MDM’s designers worked with Stephanie and Brian and their thoroughly talented planner Allison from LK Events to come up with a simple yet stunning plan for their May wedding.
We love this shot of Stephanie and Ben sharing a special a moment before the guests arrive.
The drapes and lighting were stunning. The room looked amazing!!! We had a little time to our selves before the reception got started and it was spectacular to just soak in the beauty of the room. Thank you so much!!! – Stephanie
To add a candle-like, romantic glow the ballroom was uplit in a soft amber.
The gorgeous floral arrangements from Fleur were individually pin spotted to show them off in their full glory.
For this Intercontinental Chicago wedding the giant marble wall was hidden by beautiful ivory drape which served as the perfect backdrop for the band and all of the evening’s festivities.
The stage was uplit in purple to add a splash of color and excitement while still complimenting the amber color of the rest of the room.
Stephanie and Brian and their guests were having so much fun on the dance floor dancing to the sounds of The Party Faithful they ended up extending the party past midnight!
Once again, special thanks to Averyhouse for all of the beautiful images, to Allison from LK Events for putting it all together perfectly and to all the members of the wedding team that helped make Stephanie and Brian’s wedding day so beautiful and memorable!
The Wedding Team
- Photography: Vanessa Wheeler, Averyhouse
- Makeup: Brian Sutherby, MUSE Beauty Bar
- Hair: Richard Inocencio, Salon Blonde
- Getting Ready Locations: The Intercontinental and Michael Jordan’s Steakhouse
- Transportation: VIP Valet Services
- Ceremony Location: Fourth Presbyterian Church
- Bagpipes: Dave Johnston, Chicalba BagPiping
- Floral: Kelly Marie Thompson, Fleur
- Lighting and Drape: Patti Herioux, MDM Entertainment
- Rentals: Hall’s Rentals
- Reception: Chris Schmidt, The InterContinental Mag Mile
- Band: Colby Beserra, The Party Faithful
- Invitations and day-of paper: Lynda Junge, Greenstar Paperie
- Planning: Allison Young, LK Events
- Bride’s Attire: Kelly Faetanini, Jimmy Choo
- Groom’s Attire: Armani
- Bridesmaid Attire: Joanna August
- Rehearsal Dinner: LuxBar
For more information on drape and lighting for your Intercontinental Chicago wedding contact MDM Entertainment today at 773.253.4986!